Thursday, March 19, 2015


Our next stop on the Italy tour is Florence and Pisa! I never knew why people loved to study abroad in Florence so much, but after visiting I completely understand! It is unlike any other place I have been before! The culture is so different there, there would be some major adjusting. One thing I learned was it's actually unusual and not appreciated if one drinks without eating. So some places with have a fee but there is food there. I found this so interesting because it's so different from American culture. It just shows you how diverse different countries are. It was also interesting to see most Italians hang drying their clothing. I do not think I would ever want to permanently live in Italy but I would visit a lot!



One of the best investments I had in Italy was the bus tour. They may seem very touristy but they really are the best way to get around and it allows you to see as much as possible. The best part is you can hop off at any time if you want to explore that stop more and then just hop on another bus when you are ready! I used to think they weren't worth the time or the money but I was wrong! Sign up for those bus tours and you will not be disappointed. Though I was not too happy with my bus tour in Paris but that is another story, so you will just have to come back to hear that one!


The street art in Florence is amazing! The artists use chalk to create these masterpieces! People gather around watching and observing the spectacular scene. They must have so much patience and really love what they do. Such incredible talent you can't help but me mesmerized. 




Lastly, Pisa! There really is not much else there or to do than see the leaning tower of Pisa. If you plan on visiting you really just need an afternoon. I believe I was there for under five hours easy. You can climb the tower but it is a little pricy especially being on a study abroad student budget. Though it is a must to see and of course get the classic picture! The best part is everyone does it so you never feel out of place! I think it actually takes more time setting up the picture perfectly than being there. Well maybe that's an exaggeration but you get the idea!  





No comments:

Post a Comment